BARBUDOS #1

Few times ago, i dug in the bottom of my hardrives to find some materials to post in here since i'm working on comics projects i can't show right now. After opening hundreds of files, something strange came up... i saw a lot of bearded men in my images, and when i say A LOT, believe me.
I work mostly on crime stories and those manly men stuff, so it's not a big surprise to see an high amount of facial hair on those comics pages, but my SCI FI stories are also filled with facial hair and also my funny stories. TWO of my last THREE books had bearded men on the cover.
So as a game, i start to putting in a folder all my BEARDED ILLO, and may be one day paste them on the same page. A man must not fight his obsession, even the graphic ones. So i did just that and it filled one full page of 12 square picts... and i wasn't even finished. Before i had finished i did TWO more, i'll show them to you later...
I choose the theme of this first GRAPHIC OBSESSION series, it's called "BARBUDOS", which means of course BEARDED MEN in Spanish, and most precisely in CUBAN. FIDEL CASTRO and most of his compadres in the SIERRA MAESTRA didn't took time to shave when they did the revolution hidden in the moutains, they had too little time for vanity, they just wanted (at the beginning) just get rid of Batista the dictator. When they won (you can see that part in THE GODFATHER PART 2 and in CHE part 1 & 2), they were the Men. To blow up steam, they play BASEBALL. FIDEL & his men out together a team and named it "BARBUDOS" because that's who they were. They didn't shave after the victory.
Many years later, when i worked on the comics adaptation of the novel , CUATRO MANOS (FOUR HANDS) with his author PACO IGNACIO TAIBO 2, he told me that story, and suggest that one of the character (JULIO, the mexican journalist) should wear a BASEBALL shirt of this particular Cuban team.
Then here we are 10 YEARS later, with a series of details of my illustrations.
People, i'll give you "BARBUDOS" part 1.


pict 1 > 3 - BRONSON (BAGMEN) / ICEBERG (BAGMEN) /AKUMYO (GAT - DIRECTOR'S CUT)
pict 4 > 6 - HARAKU (GAT - DIRECTOR'S CUT) / SANBON-NO-YUBI  (GAT - DIRECTOR'S CUT) / BYRON (CHARGER)
pict 7 > 9 - ##### (#####) / McQUEEN  (CUBA LIBRE) / CHUCK NORRIS (BE A REAL MAN)
pict 10 > 12 - BRONSON (HAPPY 2013) / JERRY SIMPSON  (I, MOBSTER) / DARK SAID (COMICSHOP)